First Responders Honored
The Warrenville VFW hosted a barbecue for first responders on Saturday, September 12, 2015. Several members of the FD were honored. Read more
Exhaust Fan Hazard
WFPD crews recently responded to a small fire that was determined to be caused by a bathroom ceiling exhaust fan. Read more
The Warrenville Fire Protection District is very pleased to announce a new member to our staff. Read more
On July 26, 2015, the WFPD was dispatched to 3S550 Tinker Ave., Warrenville, for the reported unattached garage fire. Read more
Please join us for our annual Open House to be held on Weds., Oct 7, from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Fire Station #1 at 3S472 Batavia Rd. We will have food, prizes, kids' activities, and fire safety demonstrations!
The Fall/Winter 2015 clothing sale (September 24 - 26) will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church. Please click here for more information and to register online.
- The leading factor contributing to heating equipment fires is failure to clean, principally creosote from solid fueled heating equipment, primarily chimneys.
- Two of every five home fires starts in the kitchen.
- Working smoke alarms cut the risk of dying in reported home fires in half.
History of the Maltese Cross
The Maltese cross is known around the world as a symbol of the fire service. It is often seen painted on fire trucks, on the clothing of firefighters, depicted on firefighter's badges, and is quite often the chosen design of firefighter tattoos. So where did the Maltese cross come from, and how did it get to be known as a symbol of the fire service? Read more